Traffic Planner 4 on 4 off Days 0600-1800
Whats the Role?
The purpose of the role is to play a central role in creating effective transport plans for our customers within our growing network, whilst complying with legal responsibilities.
What will I be responsible for?
- Effective management and planning of drivers, through on-going communication and using our state-of-the-art transport software
- Controlling and planning an agreed amount of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers’ Hours regulations)
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resources effectively; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost
- Ensure that our internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated to an exceptional standard
- Make regular use of in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Understanding and achieving key performance targets relating to the safety and efficiency of our fleet (including utilisation and costing)
- Constantly communicate with our customer service teams and drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues. They should be able to comfortably organise their own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication are essential requisites
You should be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word in particular. And you must also have at least 1 years experience in a planning environment. CPC would be desirable and geographic knowledge of the UK is also nessa
Any previous experience of planning systems and / or software will be an advantage to you.